Send yo' MIDIs, PowerTabs, and Guitar Pro files to xent121 -at- gmail .dot. com
As complete with full band tracks as possible...
And I'll stick your name in the credits list...lucky bastard...
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!?
"Some 19-year old kid who can't play the keyboard hailing from some obscure Asian country posts a huge amount of ear-transcribed MIDI files on the JR forums, sucking bandwidth and claims it's the first and only centralized, updated, and comprehensive collection of DT-related MIDI stuff..."
A collection of "some" uh, MIDI files I uh, gathered since April 2007 when a friend gave me Guitar Pro 5. Being a Dream Theater fan and a computer techie is a coincidence. Hence this labor of love. Scoured and filtered throughout the Internet through countless sleepless nights. Why post this on the Jordan Rudess forums...I don't know.
Hope you like it.
August 30, 2007
- New title (need comment!)
- Credits shoved to a text file to shorten the post.
- Systematic Chaos: minor fixes and MIDI cleanup. Yes, you have to download that SC zip again...
- Systematic Chaos: Repentance (up to guitar solo) and The Ministry of Lost Souls (full length w/o drums) updated.
- Budokan stuff - placed in the Other Stuff zip
- To Live Forever (a non-album track) - placed in the Other Stuff zip
July 30, 2007
- First upload
- Repentance needs cleanup
- Wait for a drum track for The Ministry of Lost Souls
- Oh, the other MIDI files...
- Learn to play the keyboard
- Learn to stop degrading myself
Magic 8-ball ("Is bar 437 a G-sharp or an A?" "Go away.")
1. A comment about the MIDIs would be nice. It only takes a few minutes of your time, and I don't know how those 500+ downloads (which mostly are guests) are affecting the lives of people out there who got it. I'm dead curious. If you don't like to, that's fine.
2. Don't request! The last time I heard "key signature" was grade 1 (I'm graduating from college now). I'm relearning keyboards and theory at the darn late age of 19 all because of a bald guy with crazy fingers in some metal band (hehehe), but school's in the way...got to graduate first, Information Technology is hard
3. All credits go to their respective transcribers. I don't claim anything except my name and I believe in God.
4. Educational purposes only. Frankly, I don't know what people do with these, besides the fact you can load these in some keyboards and cellphones (as ringtones)...
5. I can't guarantee accuracy. But if you want the MIDI file badly then the best that I can find was put here. And I'm definitely sure some guy out there has better ones, he just doesn't like to share...awww
6. I'm not liable for whatever may happen to your computer, cellphone, keyboard, or yourself. Use at your own risk. Wahahahaha...
If someone can sticky this, it will be very nice indeed :)
-- end post --