Notes on a Dream
Now Available
The Road Home
Now Available

Go Back   Jordan Rudess' Community Forums > Online Keyboard Community > General Chat
User Name
Password

Forum Band
Old 04-19-2005, 09:10 PM
Ernies Balls Offline
Keyboard Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Ernies Balls
Forum Band

Listen guys... I know there have to be some really talented people in this forum (We do listen to dream theater). It seems like for 2 years me and a drummer have been trying to put together a prog metal band and everyone in North Georgia/Tn around us just sucks! We lost an amazing bassist to freaking black metal So my last attempt is to ask you guys for help. Looking for Bassist, Keys, and a singer. Who knows what might be able to come of it.

Old 04-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Ernies Balls Offline
Keyboard Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Ernies Balls

so you guys are telling me there isnt one person in here that wouldnt give some of my music a spin on the keys to add their own originality... i would highly appreciate it... If not just something fun to do anyways...

Old 04-26-2005, 07:48 PM
King_Ellesar Offline
Keyboard Wizard

Send a message via AIM to King_Ellesar

nope, this is not a talented forum. but, we do listen to dream theater.....how is this possible? is it a paradox?!!!

Old 04-26-2005, 07:50 PM
LithoJazzoSphere Offline
Keyboard Master

Send a message via AIM to LithoJazzoSphere

There probably just isn't anyone in your area who regularly frequents the forum.

Old 04-26-2005, 08:03 PM
Liquid Shadow Offline
Keyboard Wizard

Send a message via AIM to Liquid Shadow Send a message via MSN to Liquid Shadow

I don't live anywhere near you, but if you record something and need keyboards added I'll help out...just don't turn out like that Erik fellow O.o

Old 04-27-2005, 11:50 AM
Shreddy Offline
Keyboard Master

Trying to find guys in your location is always tough, you might want to go the route of a long distance recording project and "trade tapes" with some of the keyboardists here. Rather than getting upset with your area open it up to the rest of the world, find your bassist and keys from other cities or countries and just do a recording project.

With the band that I'm currently in we email each other our ideas as mp3 files so we can hear them before rehearsals.

Ed

Old 04-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Awake Offline
Keyboard Master

Send a message via MSN to Awake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy
Trying to find guys in your location is always tough, you might want to go the route of a long distance recording project and "trade tapes" with some of the keyboardists here.
Or MIDI data, for that matter. I've toyed with the idea of sending a keyboard player an MP3, getting them to play what they want and send me back the MIDI performance data, and I can just run that through my rig.

Finding other musicians in the area is tough, and finding motivation is even harder. I had a guy ask me to play bass for a metal project, and although it wasn't something I was really into, I figured, sure, why not. But there was no organization to it, and I just don't have time to show up and hang out for hours; even if we're going to just jam, there needs to be some kind of structure to get it off the ground, and none of the guys involved were able or willing to do that, it seemed to me.

Old 04-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Airspeed Offline
Accordion Master!

Sorry, I can't help you but... I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. Good luck!!!

Old 04-27-2005, 02:37 PM
ChrisMcCoy Offline
Keyboard Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Ellesar
nope, this is not a talented forum. but, we do listen to dream theater.....how is this possible? is it a paradox?!!!
LMAO !!!!! :)

Old 04-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Sk Offline
Keyboard Initiate

If you're talking of recording, that might, at least, be fun. Maybe hard to do if someone of the partakers aren't willing to make it as if they were pros. Anyway, if you're looking for someone near home, keep on trying! I met my actual band with a note at the university, so who knows?