Notes on a Dream
Now Available
The Road Home
Now Available

Go Back   Jordan Rudess' Community Forums > Online Keyboard Community > Show Off!
User Name
Password

"Memorabilia"
Old 03-28-2005, 09:30 AM
ktriton Offline
Keyboard Initiate

Send a message via AIM to ktriton
Default "Memorabilia"

So, I finished a new original. It’s more of a “whatever” piece than a real, stand-alone composition (I came up with it when I need a brief break from Czerny and Hanon). The original title was “The End of Spring Break", but now that I think about it, Spring Break was pretty crazy. Definitely not the right mood for this piece :D

I opted out on the title bit and stuck with “Memorabilia“. It’s a nice listen. Solo piano and a lot of improvisation. Special thanks to Mustin of OneUp Studios for allowing me to have the GPO piano patch.

If any of you guys have ever listened to my compositions, this one'll throw you for a loop :-P

Feedback is appreciated.

Link: "Memorabilia"

Old 03-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Jakob Offline
Keyboard Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Jakob

Its really good, only thing I can think of to improve is to adjust the pedal a bit, release it a bit more.

Great song

Old 03-29-2005, 09:14 PM
King_Ellesar Offline
Keyboard Wizard

Send a message via AIM to King_Ellesar

this is nice. i like it man. just wondering, what are you using for the piano? is it an actual piano or from a keyboard? if so, what board do you use? (i'm assuming a k(org)triton :P) but wouldnt want to assume :). anyways, nice playing!

Old 03-30-2005, 01:03 AM
ktriton Offline
Keyboard Initiate

Send a message via AIM to ktriton

Jakob: Yeah, I tend to do that :( You'd hate to hear my rendition of "Arabesque" ;)

King_Ellesar: Thanks! I'm using the Garriton Personal Orchestra piano. Yeah, if there's any one complaint I have about the Triton is that its pianos don't sound realistic. They sound great for what they are, but for a good piano tone I'd say go anywhere but there.

It's awesome that you thought it was real though! That means GPO did the trick :D

Old 03-30-2005, 08:59 PM
King_Ellesar Offline
Keyboard Wizard

Send a message via AIM to King_Ellesar

thats cool man. i might look into that Garriton Personal Orchestra...sounded really nice. I only somewhat agree with you on the triton pianos though. i own the extreme and think that people dont give the pianos much credit. yes, theyre not as expressive as say, the roland's pianos, primarily because they only have two instead of four velocities in the samples. but i have this work in progress piano combi trying to create the expressiveness in a layer of two or four pianos making them velocity sensitive to try and compensate for the 2layer issue. havent done much on it yet, or know if it will do much, but we'll see...

besides that though, i honestly dont think the extreme's pianos are that bad. i know many here will disagree, but there are a few programs that are quite nice and will work just fine in most compositions you make, unless its a piano-solo thing and you would want even more expresiveness than what they have there, thats what i wanna try this combi out for.

anyway, nice playing. nice piano sound!