Been searching the net lately for a good way to send midi signals from my casio to a softsynth. I found a good program, Bome's Midi Translator
, that lets you send midi signals even though u dont have a real midi controller only keyboard per se.
Anyways, here is an example:
The incoming signal is my modwheel, but there is no good way inside a particular softsynth to make the modwheel control a particular parameter, so you open bome's translator:
NOTE: first you gotta read the readme to get everything setup [endnote]
1) Click on add, name your setting, and then click edit. Check the box
next to capture midi under incoming midi message.
2) Move your modwheel, and u should get B0 01 ## as ur signal
3) edit the last two numbers to the letters oo, making it a variable so ur
modwheel controls min-max of softsynth parameter
4) under outgoing midi message, type B0 ## oo
The two numbers should be the hex numbers corresponding to the
number of the soft parameter (should be given by company)
This number can also be anything if the program just senses your
5) press ok and u should be controlling. If you have a keyboard with just
the modwheel as the only real controller, just do one parameter at a
Hope this works for you all, enjoy!
EDIT: the best thing about it is you register your copy only by sending a postcard!