Notes on a Dream
Now Available
The Road Home
Now Available

Go Back   Jordan Rudess' Community Forums > Online Keyboard Community > Gear Talk
User Name
Password

Sampling and the Korg Triton Extreme
Old 08-15-2004, 11:02 PM
King_Ellesar Offline
Keyboard Wizard

Send a message via AIM to King_Ellesar
Default Sampling and the Korg Triton Extreme

Hello. I just recently got a Korg Triton Extreme. Its pretty cool and im still finding out how do do new stuff with it. So far, trial and error and user manual reading has helped a lot, but i am kinda stuck. im trying to sample stuff, sounds from my computer, to be triggered from my keyboard. In particular, in a program and a combi. I am able to create a sample, and play it back, but as soon as i turn it off, the thing is lost. Now, the manual tells me to save it to media so this doesnt happen. I have a choice of saving it to RAM (and/?)or MEDIA. When i save it to MEDIA, the .wav file is on the card after i turn the keyboard off, but i cant seem to figure out how to load it back to where i need it on the program+combi. anyone who has some experience sampling with or without a korg sampler who can help me out, please do.i have read the manual a lot, but it doesnt seem to tell me what i have to do. it is possible, however, that ive been looking at the wrong part tho. i appreciate your help! :)

Old 03-28-2005, 03:18 PM
eltonafrodziac Offline
Keyboard Apprentice

Hey, there. I hope this might help.

I dont have the extreme but on the classic you have to convert the sample to a multi sample which i am sure you did. Problem after reloading the sample it might be at a diffrent location in the sampling section. One way is move sample to the location that the program requests. you have 2 selection menus in the sampling section one for Multi samples and one for samples. You can access the menu on the top right and move sample or multi sample. Or alternatively in the edit menu of the program you created using the sample, Go to basic and change the reference location of the sample and write the program like that. the reference location refers to the multi sample to be used in the sample, I think it's the second tab on the bottom left, in the basic menu.

Hope this helps