My Oasys is 7 months old. I use it everyday at least 8 hours with heavy joystick usage.. some ago I started to notice that the joystick is a little bit lose and when I bend up it not returns to its 100% straight state, it felt a little bit out of tune, just a bit but annoying.
And it got worse, a couple of days ago the pitch stucked all the way up, I almost freaked out!
Since I´m out of warranty and after reading about the O being disctontinued, I took courage and decided to fix it myself
It was a cheap piece if plastic afterall.. I couldn´t believe that Korg didn´t use a stronger material on the joystick, thats a shame
I documented everything as a future reference to any Oasys users with similar problem. I don´t encourage anyone to do the same unless you really know what you´re doing and have some knowledge about disassembling/assembling electronic equipment.
Remember to PAUSE anytime you need to read or look carefully at the pictures. That´s 4 hours of video footage edited under 10 minutes.
I´m pretty satisfied with the results! Remember that this was an improvised fix and worked for ME. Do it at your own risk.
Hope you enjoy it and never need to follow this guide!
Edit: Here´s the definitive piece that I used to reinforce the joystick. My wife did most of the job on this one, it took almost 5 hours of modeling and sanding to get it right, but now it feels perfectly secure.