Notes on a Dream
Now Available
The Road Home
Now Available

Go Back   Jordan Rudess' Community Forums > Online Keyboard Community > Gear Talk
User Name
Password

Just got the Fusion... But!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:36 AM
EMH Offline
Keyboard Initiate

Default Just got the Fusion... But!

There are alot of the sounds (like 10%) which are really, really noicy. You know, the constant "krrrrrrrr" from the speakers.
I'll be pick the first example I noticed (think it's the first at all if you just start from the holy grail piano and start going up)
[ROM: PRESET 1] B-1 (008) - called Fusion Punch Clav
Now there are other sounds before that with a little noice, but this one is extreme. (and it's only sound number 8, come on?).
I got OS 1.24 etc etc. Is it just my fusion that sounds like that, and if it was the keyboard itself, I would think all the sounds should be noicy. (at least all the samples). They can't possibly have put it in there originally even though it's sounds unbearable.
Anyway Fusion owners, is it just me/what to do!?

Old 06-24-2008, 09:54 AM
jeebustrain Offline
Keyboard Wizard

Location: fresh off the mothership, straight from chocolate city

hmmm... I know I don't have that issue - I know occasionally the sounds clip because the output is too hot. What are you listening through? Do you have the volume on the Fusion turned all the way up? I generally don't have mine louder than 1/2 way and use my amp to control the volume most of the time.
MyCrap # Korg Kronos 88 (fully expanded) | Kurz PC361 (w/ KORE64) | Roland V-Synth | Alesis Fusion8HD | Korg Prophecy | Yamaha CP-30 | Korg MS2000BR | Access Virus A | Redsound Darkstar XP2 | Moog Micromoog | M-Audio Axiom49

Old 06-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Gianni Offline
Keyboard Initiate

Try looking for help at Fusionzone, the official unofficial Fusion site.

I've had problems like this before with other synths, it was never the keys, try using headphones and check if you still have that sound.
One possibility is you have a high amplitude and going through a pre-amp that compresses the sound, which would cause high attack sounds to produce distorted clicks.

If not, maybe reinstalling the OS, or going back to factory settings [and then updating]. If you have your own patches save them before trying any of these.

Good Luck.

Twitter

Old 06-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Athox Offline
Keyboard Master

Send a message via ICQ to Athox Send a message via MSN to Athox Send a message via Yahoo to Athox

Well the Fusion is, AFAIK, riddled with problems in general. You can probably exchange it for a new one that works.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:21 AM
EMH Offline
Keyboard Initiate

Well so these things i've tried until now (they were the quickest, i'll get to the other things later.)
Using headphones - dosn't work.
Turning down the keyboard's volume and using amp - dosn't work.
My amp is an NAD Stereo Integrated Amplifier C 315BEE.
Can be it because I use the headphones to plug it up with my amp? Just got it today, so would need new wires for anything else. But well, then I guess the noice would desappear when actually using headphones.
Yeah I am a total nab when it comes to wires, outputs bla. bla. ;)
Gonna try to reinstall the OS. I don't know how to save my sounds (I actually haven't made any but it's the Klaus Schultze(?) edition, so there are a couple extras, + the hollow sun sounds were on when it came), but I'll have a look at the manual. Hope it can be fixed, cba to spend money on sending it back and forth from Germany:b

Old 06-24-2008, 12:19 PM
jeebustrain Offline
Keyboard Wizard

Location: fresh off the mothership, straight from chocolate city

did you try plugging the headphones into the headphone jack on the Fusion and listening that way?

What exactly do you mean by "because I use the headphones to plug it up with my amp?"
MyCrap # Korg Kronos 88 (fully expanded) | Kurz PC361 (w/ KORE64) | Roland V-Synth | Alesis Fusion8HD | Korg Prophecy | Yamaha CP-30 | Korg MS2000BR | Access Virus A | Redsound Darkstar XP2 | Moog Micromoog | M-Audio Axiom49

Old 06-24-2008, 12:33 PM
EMH Offline
Keyboard Initiate

Sorry, I mean the headphone output, to plug it into my amp, instead of the main L-R output.
And yeah tried plugging the headphones directly into the fusion.
I made a post on Fusionzone - http://www.promusicproducts.com/foru...pic.php?t=4913
I tried putting all the details I could think of right now in there.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Grey Loki Offline
Keyboard Wizard

Use your main outputs into your amp - the headphone output on any piece of gear is designed to drive a set of headphones, not supply signal to an amplifier or other piece of equipment.

Before you wipe the Klaus Schulze sounds, would you mind grabbing them off of your Fusion's HDD via USB and uploading them? :D

Old 06-25-2008, 01:15 AM
EMH Offline
Keyboard Initiate

Sure I'll upload them.
But problem is though, that the noise is there even when I use the headphone output for headphones;) And if it was the outputs fault, wouldn't it be a constant thing?

Old 06-25-2008, 01:56 AM
EMH Offline
Keyboard Initiate

I just noticed you can download the Klaus Schulze sounds on alesis.com.
How would I go about reinstalling the OS/resetting the fusion completely somehow? Can't really seem to find it in the manual, and can't really seem to find a guide on how to either.
Can I like, reset the ROM presets or something:b?

Last edited by EMH; 06-25-2008 at 02:19 AM..