Notes on a Dream
Now Available
The Road Home
Now Available

Go Back   Jordan Rudess' Community Forums > Online Keyboard Community > Gear Talk
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

MIDI help...
Old 01-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Liquid Shadow Offline
Keyboard Wizard

Send a message via AIM to Liquid Shadow Send a message via MSN to Liquid Shadow
Default MIDI help...

Ok, I finally got my music computer built, and I'm trying to get the Roland JV-1010 hooked up via MIDI so I can use the editing software with it. The program is not recieving any MIDI messages from the module, and I don't know exactly how to hook it up.

I'm using my Casio as a MIDI controller, so I have a cable going from the "MIDI out" of that to the "MIDI in" of the module. That much works fine for playing, but I'm trying to get from that point to the computer so that I can work on editing sounds.

The soundcard doesn't have MIDI jacks, but it has a joystick port which doubles as MIDI with the right adapter thingymabobber. I have that. It goes from the joystick port and splits into an "out" and "in" MIDI cable, both male end. I can't figure out which one (or both) of these should connect to what on the module. It has MIDI in, out, and thru.

If anyone has any idea on how to get this all rigged, I will be eternally grateful if you can help me out here. I drew a diagram of how everything is set up...the things circled in blue are what I think should connect one way or the other but I can't seem to get it to work right. I'm probably way off on what I should do, but I can't find anything on the net that goes over this type of connection at all. :?

Here's the joystick/MIDI cable I have (top one):
http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/prod...midi_cable.asp