Notes on a Dream
Now Available
The Road Home
Now Available

Go Back   Jordan Rudess' Community Forums > Online Keyboard Community > Show Off!
User Name
Password

New Age Piano Album released
Old 04-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Taurus Offline
Keyboard Master

Default New Age Piano Album released

After some time of absence on the forum I think it's time to come back with the refreshing news that my soothing New Age piano album "Imaginations" has been released on CDBaby!

The album is emotional dreamy piano soundtrack, suitable for relaxation with an adventurous attitude. New Age piano mixed with filmscore-like instrumental sections, the album was created during a very spiritual moment of my life.

I'm curious to how you guys receive the music and to celebrate it's release, let me show you a video from the piano composition "Autumn Park" which is also found on the album itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlnWVQMdkdk

Please let me know what you think and I appreciate any comments, good or bad, in the video-section. In the meantime, enjoy the music

Old 04-23-2012, 05:57 PM
SoulFire Offline
Keyboard Master

Hey Taurus, I love it :D.

Very soothing, very relaxing, but still virtuosic and interesting to listen to. You're a very talented player and writer. The Jordan Rudess influences are apparent, but that's not a bad thing, as it's done very tastefully :P. I'm interested though, what did you record the pianos with? Is that Ivory?

Soft synths. Lots of soft synths :P

Old 04-24-2012, 04:51 AM
Taurus Offline
Keyboard Master

Thank you so much for the comment. Yes, although times have changed now, Jordan Rudess has still been an influence for my playing style, atleast when you consider the technique of arpeggiating and progressive style chord progressions. I'm fond of Jordan's album Secrets Of The Muse which I consider is his best and most inspirationa albuml. Gentle Ways and Cradle Song are fantastic.

When it comes to the piano and sounds, it is in fact a Roland RD-700sx expanded with SRX expansioncards. The instrument has some very nice EP's as well which you hear in "Winterdrops". In "Autumn Park" you hear the stock RD-700sx piano sound, although in fact my favorite pianosound of all time is still the FantomX piano sound (which is the second "main piano" sound on the RD-700sx).

Old 04-25-2012, 07:46 AM
daniel.buck Offline
Keyboard Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to daniel.buck

WOW!

such a great listen!! ;)

cheers from Brazil

"If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on..."

Old 04-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Taurus Offline
Keyboard Master

I've decided to put The Beaches Of Heaven, from the same album, online for free.
It's a 7:44 evolving relaxation piece. Moving, floating and later on energetic and upbeat with Asian vocals and piano solos.

Please let me know what you think.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wdV5pd36k8

Last edited by Taurus; 04-28-2012 at 05:22 PM..

Old 05-02-2012, 08:22 AM
daniel.buck Offline
Keyboard Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to daniel.buck

WOW!
just WOW!

congratz man! you really put yourself into it!!! :)

"If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on..."