Notes on a Dream
Now Available
The Road Home
Now Available

Go Back   Jordan Rudess' Community Forums > Online Keyboard Community > Technique
User Name
Password

Old 03-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Maximus Offline
Keyboard Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead9999 View Post
There's most certainly a difference Maximus, just like you said. Although the weighting between the different models I think is something that with a little more practice can be fairly easily overcome, the real deal for me is the feel. There are certain expressive gestures in the feel of a real piano bed that I still don't feel is quite there on even fully weighted synths. But still, a full hammer weighted keyboard will still be a better choice than a lighter weight board.
+1

have you tried the roland's (ivory feel) keybed? (G8, RD700GX) im not a total fan of their piano sound, but thats a good keybed, especially if you like heavy actions.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:08 PM
motorhead9999 Offline
Keyboard Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
+1

have you tried the roland's (ivory feel) keybed? (G8, RD700GX) im not a total fan of their piano sound, but thats a good keybed, especially if you like heavy actions.
I can't honestly say I have, at least not on the G. I've never been a fan of roland's workstation sound (as you state), so I've never really looked at them. Unfortunately, I live an inconvenient distance from Sam Ash, and even they don't stock a lot of things on the floor, so I don't get a real chance on trying much gear out. Normally, I have to buy a synth based on sound alone that I hear on a youtube video, and sort of have to rely on luck for the keys to feel right. I need to upgrade to an 88 note board anyways at some point, as even the PC3's keybed feels a little weak to me. Not sure how the PC3x's is though.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:19 AM
HarryColin Offline
Keyboard Apprentice

motorhead9999 was just following your comments and really agreed with what you said. Though just a beginner in learning piano but found some of those steps of technique very useful for me even. Will be looking forward for more such informative post!!