PDA

View Full Version : Pictures From Japan

Rudess
01-16-2008, 11:41 AM
My friend and webmaster of my Japanese website, Atsushi Sato, was with me for a couple of days and took some great shots of my rig and more.
You can practice your Japanese as well while enjoying!

http://www.atsushisato.com/JORDAN/2008/gear2008.htm

http://www.atsushisato.com/JORDAN/2008/othershots.htm

http://www.atsushisato.com/JORDAN/2008/backstage.htm

Michael B. - The Mirror
01-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Budokan seems to be an impressive venue... have to go to Japan one day...

Nolan
01-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Mmm, is that a beer Jordan :biggrin: (on the last backstage photo)...........

Coen

SerFox
01-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Right I have to say this.

That's the Octagon lighting from the Budokan on the 2nd page, right?

Why did you choose that as concept for your 8th album, Octavarium? I noticed it after watching the Live DVD, and looked at the lights in the documentary, then looked at the Octavarium video and some of the pictures in the booklet, and thought: "Wait a minute..."

On an unrelated note: You have a lot of gear there all over your keybaord, where are you gonna put your Axis and Tenori-On once you use them? :tongue: You'll need 2 OASYS's on stage with different things attached!

RemcoG
01-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Rudess.. I love the pictures.. that said.
When I saw the Budokan venue again. I immediately thought.. the next DVD! :biggrin: Are there plans? Or is it already recorded? Sorry, I'm just very eager to know it. I love the Dream Theater DVD's with all those extra's and superb concert.

BTW.. what's that you're eating?

Kind regards,
RemcoG

SerFox
01-16-2008, 03:26 PM
My bet is on Ramen Bolognaise!

acidremz
01-16-2008, 03:50 PM
nice pictures :biggrin:

hmm my japanese isn't so good after all xD

Omega Monkey
01-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Awesome pictures!

Premetheus37
01-16-2008, 07:35 PM
hmm my japanese isn't so good after all xD

All I got was "Jordan in the middle of warming up" at the top of page three.

I think...

~Premetheus

P.S. I miss real Japanese food. :(

Antonio Mazzei
01-16-2008, 08:54 PM

yeah, what's that?

edit: Excellent pictures!!!

Krahn
01-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks for sharing the great pics, Jordan.
Yes, I went to the show at Budokan. It was absolutely awesome!! I stood still with my eyes fastened on the stage. Maybe my mouth was half open. I felt as if I were in a dream. I think that it was the best sound I had ever heard. I was under the illusion during the show that I was listening to the cd with headphones. It was indescribably amazing!!
I really want to thank you Dream Theater and their crew. Lighting, Video...all things were amazing.(“Forsaken”video was soooo cooool.)
It was a special night for me and I was too excited to sleep that night.
Btw, at the end of Octavarium, James seemed to have got angry. Something pissed him off. What have we done to him? Don't hate us, please....:frown:

P.S. I saw “that guy” of “Budokan DVD” by chance at the entrance of the venue and we talked to him. He was a funny guy.

Rudess
01-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Right now I am in Singapore eating some very nice chocolate and readng a very nice letter in great handwriting. Somebody here knows about it but I will not say who!! But Thank you!!
JR

Analogkid
01-17-2008, 08:39 AM
Right now I am in Singapore eating some very nice chocolate and readng a very nice letter in great handwriting. Somebody here knows about it but I will not say who!! But Thank you!!
JR

Chocolates in Sigapore? Wow what a boring life you lead, I have eggs and toast in Pittsburgh today.:confused:

meinhold
01-18-2008, 12:03 AM
JR

HAH! I'm eating a toast in Norway and reading a very nice .. book about sounds, frequencies and stuff. It's my homework for today, bah.

Anyway, those links you posted won't work :( Fix them with some random magic or something, cause I want to look at them. :)

Krahn
01-18-2008, 06:14 AM
Jordan, it snowed for the first time at the night of the day when you left Tokyo. But you are in Singapore (or Bangkok) now. You are lucky because I don't like winter.:frown:
Btw, after the show was over, I heard a piece of music in the venue. It was a rap version of TDEN. I had never heard it before. It was very interesting.:biggrin:

BlobVanDam
01-18-2008, 06:34 AM
Jordan, it snowed for the first time at the night of the day when you left Tokyo. But you are in Singapore (or Bangkok) now. You are lucky because I don't like winter.:frown:
Btw, after the show was over, I heard a piece of music in the venue. It was a rap version of TDEN. I had never heard it before. It was very interesting.:biggrin:

That would be a remix called Dark Intergalactic Night, mixed with a Beastie Boys song. Can't remember who did it

King_Ellesar
01-18-2008, 08:55 AM
I must say, your spacecraft is most impressive nowadays.

I actually just finished building mine...well finished as of now, until I can afford more installments. It is finally fully operational. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts.

Looking forward to seeing you command this beast machine sometime soon!

Thiago
01-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Hey Jordan,

I saw in one of those pictures that you use a MIDI SOLUTIONS gear.

What do you use it for?

Great pictures!!!

thanks

Athox
01-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Anyway, those links you posted won't work :( Fix them with some random magic or something, cause I want to look at them. :)

+1

MyoJo
01-18-2008, 10:32 PM
All I got was "Jordan in the middle of warming up" at the top of page three.

I think...

That's correct.

He's eating "black sesame Tofu".
Mashed black sesame is in Tofu, probably.

Nice pictures anyway.
And Jordan, this thread made my veneration for you deeper.:wink:

maJ estY
01-19-2008, 10:17 AM
That site seems to be down for a couple of hours, can you still visit it? Strange...

apcastle
01-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Nice pics, JR, particularly your gear... it seems that every year, you add something to your rig, and that's what makes the Dream Theater music even more powerful than ever. Actually, I envision to have that and hopefully I can come up with that.

Anyway, I wish that you and the rest of your DT bandmates will have a chance to drop by here in the Philippines and perform. Though our music is pop and novelty dominated, but still there are some people like me in particular who are very into progressive rock/metal.

fallingman
01-19-2008, 04:30 PM
That site seems to be down for a couple of hours, can you still visit it? Strange...

I can't seem to get on either...

:-(

salty
01-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Hopefully in a couple of weeks I can post a "Photos from Australia!" thread :D

Krahn
01-20-2008, 01:45 AM
I found some pics from Budokan's show. We can't take pictures in a venue in Japan, so we can see only the official pics though....Enjoy!

http://www.barks.jp/feature/?id=1000037152&p=0

Yuperdo
01-20-2008, 05:30 AM
I found some pics from Budokan's show. We can't take pictures in a venue in Japan, so we can see only the official pics though....Enjoy!

http://www.barks.jp/feature/?id=1000037152&p=0

haha at picture 8 Myung gives the audience the finger!

meinhold
01-20-2008, 05:41 AM
haha at picture 8 Myung gives the audience the finger!

That is so not funny anymore.