PDA

View Full Version : 100 greatest guitar solos

Jwarmen
04-11-2006, 01:15 AM
http://guitar.about.com/library/bl100greatest.htm

Nirvana had solos? :biggrin:

hehe let's keep this thread lighthearted, these charts are nothing to take seriously but still fun to look at. :smile:

It's a readers poll for the mag. "guitar world"

waaaaaaa no petrucci . blasphemy! :tongue:

Michael Troy
04-11-2006, 06:30 AM
http://guitar.about.com/library/bl100greatest.htm

Nirvana had solos? :biggrin:

hehe let's keep this thread lighthearted, these charts are nothing to take seriously but still fun to look at. :smile:

It's a readers poll for the mag. "guitar world"

Whoever put this list together needs to catch the Ebola virus. No J.P. No Yngwie? No Stevie? WTF??

Luca_Capozzi
04-11-2006, 06:45 AM
http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_guitarsolo.html

this is more reliable ;)

Luca

normthesamurai
04-11-2006, 06:48 AM
freebird is in there! It should get in a piano solo chart too for the intro! I love the name of the album, when I was wearing my lynyrd skynyrd t-shirt the other day like four different people pronounced it as "lynard skynard" (including the radio)

Oh by the way michael yngwie at 36 and steve was at 29 but they so should have got higher!

Asho
04-11-2006, 07:13 AM
Id like to see the critera for defining each of these solos. As much as I love the solos from One, November Rain and Stairway, i dont think they would rank that highly.

Nick
04-11-2006, 07:46 AM

petrucci is at 98..

but these guitar polls are useless anyway..no matter what anyone says.

yes i agree that some bands in there shouldn't be in there and its the wrong order etc etc...but those decent players you cant put in a list, they each have their own styles.

anyway..lets laugh at those poor people who dont have any taste and vote for crappy bands :tongue:

Jwarmen
04-11-2006, 08:02 AM
petrucci is at 98..

but these guitar polls are useless anyway..no matter what anyone says.

yes i agree that some bands in there shouldn't be in there and its the wrong order etc etc...but those decent players you cant put in a list, they each have their own styles.

anyway..lets laugh at those poor people who dont have any taste and vote for crappy bands :tongue:

hehe true...useless polls..

u remember that rolling stones mag. poll? With the most influential guitarists...now that was funny....jack white from the white stripes was in the top 10 or somethin. lol

Michael Troy
04-11-2006, 05:49 PM
freebird is in there! It should get in a piano solo chart too for the intro! I love the name of the album, when I was wearing my lynyrd skynyrd t-shirt the other day like four different people pronounced it as "lynard skynard" (including the radio)

Oh by the way michael yngwie at 36 and steve was at 29 but they so should have got higher!

Yeah, top 10 for sure

Awake
04-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Lists like this can never be taken seriously, but it does give me the opportunity to ask (regarding #15) - what is it that everyone seems to love about Floods so much? I just don't get it; if I had to make a list of my favorite Dime solos, that song wouldn't even make top five (number one would be The Sleep from Cowboys from Hell), never mind placing it in the top twenty guitar solos ever recorded. Am I missing something? Is my copy of The Great Southern Trendkill just missing half the song or something? LOL. I just don't get why everyone loves this solo so much. A very average Pantera song is still pretty good, but it just doesn't seem anything special for them.

Asho
04-12-2006, 06:42 AM
I'll second that one Awake. Personally i like the solo from Walk more than Floods.