PDA

View Full Version : Once upon a time: a JR forum tale of romance.

evadedcadence
03-29-2005, 02:55 AM
Once upon a time I used to post here quite often.

(*waves to the long time posters*)

In the summer of 2002, a member (who doesn't post here anymore) by the name of Kilohertz (Real name: Manuel) emailed me and we hit it off. He is one of those rare people (like me) who like DT, Prog and MUSICALS! We emailed back and forth through the fall and decided to meet up in London that January (2003) to see a musical. (He is from Spain and I was going to be in London anyway, so it was easy to meet up there.)

We had a lovely evening of dinner and the show Blood Brothers and walking around London and talking. I was happy to meet him and to consider him a friend.

Later in 2003, I got into a relationship with someone else from the forum (Scrap/Cory). Due to personality differences, my relationship with Cory just did not work out, even though we both tried our best to make it work. All through that time, however, Manuel and I remained very good friends. I was lucky enough to consider him one of my best friends. He spent a week out here for Thanksgiving in 2003 and we met up again in London in 2004 to see more theatre as well as DT in concert.

This past January I spent a week in Spain with Manuel... and well, we became more than friends.

Manuel spent Easter weekend with me and he asked me to marry him and I happily said yes.

We will be married in October 2006.

And we will live happily ever after. :)

So yeah... all this because of the JR forum. Thanks, Jordan. *grin*

kevmo_fan
03-29-2005, 03:05 AM
Awwwww thats awesome! Good luck and all the best :D

Spacehog
03-29-2005, 04:06 AM
Wooo, many congrats... er... evadedcadence (really should be able to remember your real name, I *am* one of the old timers ;-)). I wish you all the very best, getting married is an exciting (albeit stressful) time of your life and I wouldn't have missed it for the world :)

Martin

Everlasting_Rain
03-29-2005, 05:58 AM
Wow, great story to read this morning! Congratulations to both of you!

Lyngs
03-29-2005, 08:24 AM
Long live jordanrudess-dating.com! :-)

Congratulations, Michelle (as I remember, Martin... ;-) ), and the best wishes for the future.

*Btw - how do you make smileys in this new fantastic forum?*

ktriton
03-29-2005, 08:28 AM
Wow. It's like a fairytale :)

Congrats!

ImaX
03-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Wow, that's a fantastic story - I wish you all the best and a happy future!

(Keep us updated about kids ;-))

merijn
03-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Fantastic News! No i know who it was who said ''At last young Jedi, we meet!'' :-D

StandBuilder
03-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Congratulations to the both of you!!!

Stainlessly,

PS

keys76
03-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Congrats!!!

This is so nice to hear.

Jeroen

lighthouse
03-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Congrats!!!!, thatīs awesome!, may God bless your union

Juan Pablo

maJ estY
03-29-2005, 12:36 PM
Hey, it's 2 days too early for April fools!
Or is this serious? That's serious?

Wow, I can't believe that. We need to hook up a forum meeting in Oct. 2006! - Where will the marriage be?

I wish you all the best!!!

Over The Edge
03-29-2005, 12:53 PM
Congratulations 'Chelle. I hope you two
have the happiest of lives together.

FL
www.franklucas.net

Nick
03-29-2005, 01:18 PM
have a fun life together!!

John
03-29-2005, 02:50 PM
Wow!

I openned this thread expecting some more crazziness. What a nice surprise.

Congrats.

- John Olin.

TheMagician
03-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Congrats and best wishes :)

Nolan
03-30-2005, 04:40 AM
CONGRATS

and since you're already doing a lot of travelling, I have a nice big partyplace for the wedding haha
Just come to Holland

Best of luck

C.

LithoJazzoSphere
03-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Congratulations!

MetalliJedi
03-30-2005, 05:19 PM
Congrats! the best luck for you 2.

keys76
03-31-2005, 01:14 AM
CONGRATS

and since you're already doing a lot of travelling, I have a nice big partyplace for the wedding haha
Just come to Holland

Best of luck

C.

And if you're going there...I know a great band who plays weddings all the time.

www.mixed-up.nl (http://www.mixed-up.nl)

Jeroen

Pain Killer
03-31-2005, 02:46 PM
This past January I spent a week in Spain with Manuel... and well, we became more than friends.

Manuel spent Easter weekend with me and he asked me to marry him and I happily said yes.

We will be married in October 2006.

And we will live happily ever after. :)

So yeah... all this because of the JR forum. Thanks, Jordan. *grin*

My compliments!
One question: from what I've heard when a woman and a man are friends It is difficult that she changes her mind for the future considering him more than a friend...I mean, why did you need to improve your relationship if you were happy about your friendship? Complicated question!
ciao