PDA

View Full Version : Triton or Triton LE?

Taurus
10-08-2003, 01:50 PM
Looking for new gear meant to get awsome leads and padsounds, wich leads me to the Korg series.
Moi, I dont like buying a synth and then spending 1000 bucks of expansions in order to make it sound right. I dont have time nor money for that crap :P

Wich one is best, what should I get? Triton, Triton LE? Something else? Whats the difference between both?

thx :)

Over The Edge
10-08-2003, 01:59 PM
The Triton has a better touch screen interface which I must say is phonomenal. It also has a much more powerful effects section and instead of a disk drive there is a smart card drive. The Le has sampling as an option while the Triton has it standard.

Hope this helps.

FL
www.franklucas.net

Scrap
10-08-2003, 02:15 PM
See section 4.1 of the Gear Talk FAQ for a list of differences between the Triton series.

DanieL
10-10-2003, 01:24 PM
I dont know about the Triton but i can tell u that the LE is great!!!

it has many good leads!

metl4evr
10-15-2003, 01:41 PM
I LOVE my damn Triton LE. I am also the proud owner of a K2500RS, which i use just about as much. It was actually Jordan who TOLD me that I should go out and get one (back when he had long hair hehe). The lead sounds on the Triton are amazing, and the thing i also love about it is the ease of the sequencer, and also the lead sounds are punishing! Theyre so damn clean! The really isnt much you can't do with it and I'm pretty sure that for the money the LE has it over the Tritons. WHY? Because it costs SO much less, and also becausee I can't really find any differences between the Triton and the LE, OTHER than the sampling and the touch screen!

Scrap
10-15-2003, 01:49 PM
Lack of ribbon, stripped-down insert effects section as well. Trust me, when you A/B the Triton and Triton Le next to each other on high quality monitors, you will hear a difference, especially when you start programming your own sounds. Personally, if I wanted 3 effects total (1 IFX, 2 MFX) as opposed to 7 on the standard Triton and Karma, I would just get a keyboard from the masters of the status quo - Roland. :P

But if you can't afford a regular Triton, the Le is a very good entry-level music workstation (this is how Korg advertises it).

merijn
10-15-2003, 04:35 PM
Scrap, wich Korg is the best if I want to have many presets. Many allready programmed-in sounds, like a normal keyboard. I was kinda hoping the Karma would be it. The kurzweil k2500X disappointed me with the presets, too few. :cry:

Scrap
10-15-2003, 04:45 PM
See Section 4.1 of the Gear Talk FAQ. The Karma and Triton share many sounds, but the Le has a set of revised presets. When reading the bank numbers in the FAQ, keep in mind that 1 bank = 128 programs or combination sounds. There are a bunch of great preset lead sounds all across the different Korg boards, so you don't have to worry about that. Another mark against the Le is that you cannot load standard Triton and Karma PCGs into it correctly because of the lack of the second CPU for effects processing, however both the Karma and Triton can load Le data.